At the beginning of March the country went into lockdown and a lot of people started baking, I realise on social media that a lot of people were doing live cookalongs.
I thought it would be fun to do a Curry cookalong and ask my friends if they would join in.
They jumped at the idea and every Sunday we went live and cooked various curries, rice’s, desserts, naan’s and even pakora’s and samosas.
It was good fun. We had a facebook page ‘Fozia’s curries and cakes’ in which I would up the list of ingredients and also prep instructions ready so our followers could cook live with me every Sunday during lock down.
I even did an Eid special, making biryani on Eid day and amazingly loads of people cooked along live with us!
We then posted these videos on to our YouTube channel ‘Curries and Cakes’.
You can now access these videos whenever you wish but I would sit down with a cup of tea and enjoy my husband sense of humour.
The videos are about an hour and half long, but this is as it was live cooking we didn’t want to edit much out.
On each video I usually cook 3 things to keep the video ‘moving’, rather than doing one curry and you just watching me stir a pan, I always made a dessert and usually a side or starter.
Here is a list of the various foods cooked in order from the beginning to the end of each video so you might be able to find something like 321 shortbreads easily!
Click any of the links to be taken to the video.
- Lentil curry, chicken curry and boiled rice.
- Aloo Gobi and various flat breads including naans, chapattis and paranthas.
- Everything pakoras, including potato and spinach pakoras, cabbage pakoras, fish…
- Butter chicken, peas pilau and chocolate cake.
- Meat and veg samosas.
- Spinach and chickpea curry, aloo tikki and lemon and blueberry cake.
- Lamb curry, red bean curry and 321 shortbreads
- Chicken korma, chicken pakoras and chocolate brownies.
- Chapli kebabs, chaat and chocolate cake.
- Edi day Biryani.
- Tarkaa Daal, peshwari naans and giant cookies
- chicken mince curry, lamb mince curry, seekh kebab rolls and cheesecake.
- Mix Veg curry, chicken pilau rice and coconut cake.
- Chicken handi, chicken pies and chocolate hazelnut torte.
I hope a few of you get a chance and have a smooch through our You Tube channel and once the husband has mastered the art of editing videos we will add on individual recipes too! So keep watching!!